Our purpose is to build A Better Tomorrow™ by reducing the health impact of our business through offering a choice of less risky* products for our consumers. Science and innovation are accelerating our Tobacco Harm Reduction mission.
Our world-class scientists are generating evidence to support our New Category products. We are committed to making Tobacco Harm Reduction a reality.
Innovating for a sustainable future: Celebrating BAT’s Women in Science.
We operate in a broad spectrum of scientific fields including molecular biology, toxicology and chemistry, and it is that breadth of expertise which fuels the relentless innovation and learning that sets us apart as an industry leader.
- VapourNathan GaleMay 2022Biomarkers of Exposure and Potential Harm in Exclusive Users of Electronic Cigarettes and Current, Former and Never-Smokers: A Cross-Sectional Study Protocol
- VapourAnnette DalrympleFebruary 2022Pilot study to determine differences in breath odour between cigarette and e-cigarette consumers
- VapourDavid SmartJanuary 2022Application of ToxTracker for the toxicological assessment of tobacco and nicotine delivery products
- News & FeaturesExplore the results from our one-year clinical study of glo
- Behind the MicroscopeMeet our scientists
- ReportRead our latest Science & Innovation Report
- News & FeaturesTake a look at our latest press releases
- Science EngagementFind out more about our open and transparent approach
- ReportExplore our Quarterly Science Update
*Based on the weight of evidence and assuming a complete switch from cigarette smoking. These products are not risk free and are addictive.
Our products as sold in the US, including Vuse, Velo, Grizzly, Kodiak, and Camel Snus, are subject to FDA regulation and no reduced-risk claims will be made as to these products without agency clearance.